Thursday 14 June 2018

Mini Movie Review: Thin Ice (2011) #badmovies

Thin Ice
2011
Genre: Comedy Drama



An indie version of Fargo, well actually that was an indie film. More like a Fargo wannabe, but with virtually no standout characters or performances and the story was so staid and stagnant, it failed to leap in front of me. I'm not usually into Coen Brothers- type movies, but I gave this one a shot. Sadly, it just didn't pay-off. There were talks of Thin Ice being butchered by studio execs after it was well received at Sundance, and so what we have is the finished product that feels utterly lacking. Though it is billed as a Black comedy, there are little to no laughs found. But for one twist I didn't see coming, I was virtually bored as I watched this. Despite the efforts of Greg Kinnear, Lea Thompson and Alan Arkin, this practically skated on thin ice and literally it slipped and fell to pieces. Aka The Convincer, I wasn't convinced that I gave up after 30 mins. 


Is It Worth Watching?


See Greg Kinnear and Alan Arkin in Little Miss Sunshine, instead and skip this



Overall:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...